New
Find
Notify
Tools

New RCBS die with decap pin not centered
 Login/Join

<Dyno>
posted
I have a new two die set in cal 280 with the decap pin not centered. This is on a regular two die set , nothing fancy , and looks to be out enough to cause a problem . Has anyone else had this problem ?
Thanks , Dyno

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just loosen the lock rings and turn the spindle until the pin is centered, then lock everything back down.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Second that on loosening, centering, and retightening the rod. Happens to Lyman and RCBS, not sure of others. Lee uses a tapered locking wedge and it is always centered, and doesn't bend if extended too far into the case.

SP

Posts: 112 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just get it centered enough that the expander enters the case mouth easily. My Redding .375 H&H had a spindle that was way off center but still gave me case necks with less than .001" runout. Messed it up when I stuck a case and the replacement is straighter but pulls necks crooked. If it ain't broke ...

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote