New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 shooting gallery
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been wanting to create a .22lr shooting gallery to sit somewhere near the house for practise shooting with, thinking of making up some spinners and small gongs.

Does anyone have an idea of how to make a poper target, the type that stand up again by themselves?

Does anybody have any suggestions toward making small spinners that wil react to a .22lr subsonic?

Anyone have a setup like this and wanna post some pics?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Products like that have been made for sale. A search should turn up something. The brand Outers comes to mind.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would use 1/8" plate steel hanging from 5/16 steel rod. 1/4" rod might be a little weak and bend if you hit it with high velocity rounds. What I described is a little stouter than the store bought target I have.

I think hanging targets would be plenty good enough - easy to make and simple. Targets like poppers require a little more work to make and dont provide any increased benefit. With 22's its easy to make a little heavier target to slow down the target reaction from hits. A too light of target will spin when hit good

Posts: 25 | Location: Lowell, IN | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote