New
Find
Notify
Tools

264 mag and 90 gr bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone have load data for a 90 gr bullet in a 264 mag?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked my reloading manuals and the closest load info I could find was for 85g and 100g bullets. The lightest bullet I've ever personally tried in my .264WM is 120gr.

Is it the Speer 90 TNT bullet you're going to use? If it is, Speer says the maximum speed those are designed for is 3500 fps. If you don't already have access to the info for 85 gr or 100 gr loads, you can find it on the IMR/Hodgdon website.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i dont know what brand they are,they are my brothers bullets.i would have stayed at 120 but you cant tell him that.i told him to go with the 85 gr data so i guess well see.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only reason 264 got such bad press reviews was folks trying to shoot light bullets in them. Stick with the 125 gr Nosler Partition or heavier and you'll love the rifle. Shoot the light weight bullets in your 243. Ya I know they won't fit - that's my point.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote