New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 gauge FLECHETTE round loading data.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
Does someone have or know where to find loading data for 12 gauge flechette round.
What's about the dispersion and effective range?
Thank's a lot !
Mat

Posts: 1 | Location: montreal | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you going to use this for defense ? Survival in court is poor when you have special rounds. Originally they were developed for the military to penetrate body armour .When they penetrate they bend and are deflected inside the body. I've seen x-rays of someone hit with them, very interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
METE IS RIGHT. THATS WHY I KEEP 2 SPEED LOADERS WITH FACTORY LOADS WITH MY GUN. I HAVE SOME HOLLOW BASE WADCUTTERS LOADED BACKWARDS BUT I WOULD NEVER USE THEM FOR SELF PROTECTION.SPECIAL HANDLOADS ARE FUN BUT YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO PRISON OVER SOME GOBLIN YOU HAD TO DEFEND YOURSELF FROM. JUST MY 2 CENTS...............

THE SECOND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL..........

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I also believe that fletchette rounds are illegal in Canada. You might want to check the Firearms Act about it.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Are you stupid?

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Gatehouse is right, in fact, I think they have prohibitted status.

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that everyone assumes that Mat intends to use these as self-defense.

I have wanted to fiddle around with these for a while, just because.

BTW, if anyone has fiddled with these, I would appreciate any insight. My understanding is that penetrate bulletproof jackets so cops don�t like the idea of them being available. I don�t see them any more dangerous to cops than slugs. Cause of death would just be a different.

Thanks