THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    270 WSM Barnes 110 grain Tipped loads? or any 110 grain

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 WSM Barnes 110 grain Tipped loads? or any 110 grain
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Anybody shooting this combo?
Would like to know if anyone is seeing a preference in light bullets for a certain powder. I'm looking for ACCURACY first and speed second.
Thanks to you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Gobble Gobble

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Not my rifle or load, but a guy at the range was shooting the 110 TTSX with IMR4350 at 200 yards and was impressing the hell out of about 5 of us. I think the rifle was a Kimber. He said he was using Fed 215 primers and his charge was about max.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the latest Barnes manual they show a max load with the 110 grain TSX BT of 67.5 grains of IMR 4350.

In my Winchester Model 70 chambered in 270 WSM I worked up to 67 grains of IMR 4350 with the 110 grain tipped TSX and was rewarded with a group of 0.32 inches and a velocity of 3585 fps. I am using Winchester cases and Fed 215M primers.

The only thing I have shot with this load so far is a coyote. (sure worked for that) I have an aquaintance that shoots the 110 grain tipped TSX from a standard 270 Winchester and he has shot several deer and wild hogs with them with good success.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote