Find
Notify
Tools

6MM and The GMX
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CLL
posted
Got some 80grn GMX . Would like to know if anyone has loaded them in 6MM Rem? I have been shooting 87grn HP w AA4350. Any pet load info would be great.

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see you are from California, which probably means you hunt in an area where the use of projectiles containing lead is prohibited. You have my sympathies in regard to the misguided local regulation, and also have the only reasonable excuse for suffering monometal bullets: legal dictum. Best of luck to you in your attempts to use them effectively. Maybe someone similarly situated can give you some useful advice.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
The law is the only reason to change from the 87grn Hornady HP in my 6MM. But I love to hunt with this little gun. Hope the GMX works out.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Had spectacular results with coated Barnes X, Remington ADL. 46 grains RL-19 + 85 grain bullet.

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can trade them for some Barnes TSX 85gr BTHP they will shoot with most any recipe from the Barnes book. They are very easy to get to shoot.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
I will probably give the GMX a try. I shoot the 100grn Barnes TSX out of my 257WM. I'm just looking for more data. Planning on 46grn of AA4350 and the 80grn GMX.