New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Reloading Program
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What in your opinion is the best reloading software? thanks, h.h.

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quick load/Quick target, marketed by NECO.

http://www.neconos.com

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I use Loadtech. It was given to me because I allowed them to include my wildcats. It is OK but if I was spending money I would get Quickload.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always hear about Quickload being the best. It may be. A gunmaker that I know well, who is a real Tehc-nut told me this a while back so I bought Quickload & Quicktarget. It has tons of data, but it is anything but intuitive. It is difficult to navigate and follow unless you are trained by an experienced user. My friend blows around through it in seconds, but admitted that this is only after several years, and some hands on training by the developer of the software.

I haven't been through some tutorial that may be buried in there, but my loading of the software onto my computer was a little problematic, and I spent a good deal of time on the phone with my Gunmaker friend, and on the computer e-mailing NECO to get it on my system....

At the end of the day, it is loaded and works, but it is NOT intuitive or simple.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
@ Fish,

I don't necessarily agree with you. The basic functions are readily available and self explanatory. If you want to dig in deeper you will of course have to study the handbook. Its rather lengthy but its well worth the effort. And after a while you realize what you need to read more thouroghly and what not.

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Quickload\Quicktarget is the best load predicting software at this time.

http://www.neconos.com/

I can see that some people may have a little trouble with it if their computer skills are a little low. It’s not the friendliest software out there. Keep reading the PDF manual, hack around in it for a while, it’ll come to you.

Another program I like is Loading From A Disk.

http://www.loadammo.com/

LFAD is not Quickload by any stretch of the imagination but it’s simple to use, and has a few nice features that Quickload doesn’t have.

I use them both.

Remember, there is no software on the market at this time that’s “Gods gift to reloadingâ€, always check the results of Quickload or LFAD with published data.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Our own asdf did this comparison.

http://kwk.us/ibsw.html

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For you that have Quickload on the average how far off is the actual load that shoots good in that particular gun from what Quickload estimated?

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Quickload can be so dead on with published data it’s unbelievable. There are times though, Quickload is off base, high or low with some bullet/powder combinations. The straighter the case the more problems Quickload has with accurate protections but the manual tells you this up front.

With that said, I love the program and wouldn’t be without it. It’s a great resource of information, for the most part it is reliable but don’t totally trust it anymore than trusting 1 source of published data.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote