Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted
Deleted by User

Deer Management Training, Mentoring & DSC 2 Witnessing

Please PM or deermanagementservices@gmail.com for details

Dama International: The Fallow Deer Project

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what these two actually cost, but, if you wish to have the absolute best chronograph, then buy an Oehler.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68789 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have about had it with my F1. Yesterday it was showing 175ft/sec increase from time to time. On my 300RUM, it took very nice 5 readings about 3075ft/sec for 200gr bullet and 91gr of H1000. Then started showing 3350ft/sec. I got little concerned. So my buddy shot his 7mmrem mag. It was showing 3231ft/sec with a min RL load and 140 BT and then back to 2970ft/sec. I turned it off and then on, and it started reading "seems to be correct". But by the end of the day started doing it again. On both of our guns.

First its started doing it.

Posts: 459 | Location: Finksburg, MD | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The CED's are great if you shoot in a place with limited light or covered.

Posts: 459 | Location: Finksburg, MD | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a CED and it is great. I like the statistical functions and the ability to download the velocities into their software. It is easy to set up and easy to use. The display is right there instead of down there somewhere and is easy to see. All parts are individually replaceable in case you put a round in the wrong place.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a CED and also bought the IR screens. I would buy them again if I had to do it all over again.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After 25+ years and several chronographs, I have and use a Chrony. It works, is every bit as accurate as an Oehler for 1/3 or less the cost. I once places a Chrony between the screens of an Oehler 35P and shot a variety of guns over the setup. From rifle to pistol, the readings varied no more than 1 fps. That's when I decided to stick with the Chrony. Easy to setup, and now with the remote display, easy to use. I've never had any trouble getting readings, any more so than the Oehler, which is seldom. If you know their limitations, they'll work fine.

Bob

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Oehler.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947