Find
Notify
Tools

300 Win. Mag.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any luck with 300 win.mag using Rl25 with Fed.215 primers, will be shooting 180 gr.Accu bonds. I am currently shooting this combo out of my 300rum.and would like to shoot the same.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried RL25 and couldn't get the accuracy or speed I was wanting. I shoot a Tikka T3x which, due to it's magazine, restricts COAL to max 86 mm ( 3.38 inches ). Another member here told me about RL26 which was just the ticket. I use 77.50 gns ( slightly compressed ) under Barnes TTSX 180 gn for 3040 fps av. Shoots great groups out to 400 yds and is my standard hunting load. With any non monometal bullet you should have case room for a grain or two more to try. My other components are Norma cases and Federal 215 Mag Primers.
You probably know but develop loads starting lower than suggested and work up carefully. Good luck.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2091 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
Thanks king, I may try Rl 26 , that way I can use in both rifles.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote