New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Trimmers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Because you must decap your shell before using the Lee trimmer, you most likely resize them in the same step (i.e. using you FL sizing die).

Because this will make your brass too short after the next time it is fired, do those of you who use this system also use a seperate decapping die?

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, one should trim the case after full-length resizing, so that the cartridge that is about to be fired will be of proper length. You are probably correct that firing will shorten the case, but if you FL resize again, it will probably lengthen about the same amount that it did before, whatever that was. The key here is that the case should be the right length (or shorter) when it goes into the chamber, not when it comes out.

BTW, are you loading for an autoloader? Lots of folks who have bolt rifles don't FL resize very often, if at all.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
ShopCartRacing,

I have not noticed it making the brass shorter infact, mine usually stays the same or gets longer. It probably has alot to do w/ the pressures your loads are at.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote