New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 Cal. Remington 180 gr. RNSp's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody know where a guy can still order some 30 Cal. Remington 180 gr. Round Nose Soft Points? Looks like thy took them out of the reloading component circle. Anybody know why? Godsdog.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Hornady makes a 175 or 180 RN. I looked for my Dad here last year and could not find them anywhere in the big Reloading supply places. They make a big hole out of pap's 06. He loves them. Even factory loaded are hard to find

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why? Probably because they're not making enough money on the round nose which seems to be passing from favor. I don't see it offered in factory ammo anymore either. In addition to Speer, Hornady and Sierra also make 180 grain round nose that I'm sure will work as well. I like the round nose myself and have used the 150 grain in my .308 with excellent results. Right now I'm experimenting with Sierra 220 grain RN in my .308 to see how they do. I hope to get to the range this weekend and do some testing.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you can still buy them in bulk from some of the stores like Graf and sons and maybe Huntingtons...I bought 500 of them some time back. The RN Corelokt has been a great bullet, I have never seen one fail, it was years ahead of its time.

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote