THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: ?looking for loads? 7Mag / .300 W.M. / .270 Win.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: ?looking for loads? 7Mag / .300 W.M. / .270 Win.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I tried H4831SC with the 180 accubonds out of my 300WM. GREAT load. I have tested it a few times now and groups have been less than 3/4" 5 shot groups each time. I also loaded a great load for my .270. 57 grains of RL22 seated to the lands gave me 3/4" 5 shot group as well with 150 grain bullets. I had to switch brass to shrink it down from 3 shot 1" groups.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Sam, if you go with either Reloader 22 or Winchester WXR for the .300 Win. Mag., you will likely have found your ideal powder for the .300 Win. Mag.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to every one for your information.

I agree with several of you. I do not go by other's numbers as much as I am looking for a trend in the most popular powders. Certainally I let the gun 'decide', but this gives me a good starting point and often times I will only have to work up a couple of loads.

Steve R., I am told that the powder WMR is no longer being produced. Do you have another offering for the .300 W/M with 180 gr. bullets? BTW, your load for the 250 gr. .375 H&H was "Right On!" Thanks.

Thanks again for your in-put and time.

Cheers,

Sam

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote