Find
Notify
Tools

Source for 375 H&H Brass and 235 Speers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

Am in need of 375 H&H brass and 235 Speer projectiles. Have checked Weidener's, Cabela's, and Natchez. No one has them both.

Any other places I should look?

thanks,

mike

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
<JS_280>
posted
For once fired brass try The Brassman or for new brass try MidwayUSA Midway also has the 235 Speers for just under $10/box. Hope this helps.

<oneshot>
posted
Mstarling
yes MidwayUSA is the place to get both at the same time as JS already wrote , so the true reason for me to post this is actually to get some info about your experiences about the 235 speer.
I have had 3 boxes of them but have never managed to make them shoot anywhere near satisfactory accuracy , no matter what i did with different powders and seating dephts ,high vel. low vel. nothing helped.
So if you know how to load these light for caliber bullets please help me .

Karsten

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Thanks! Got the stuff on order w Midway. both items in stock. For some reason I did not think of them. I guess because I had developed the impression over time that they were somewhat expensive.

As per the 235's ... am prepping to load for a new rifle that should be getting to the FFL any minute. Have no experience with it or these projectiles yet.

Want to develop some loads that are "35 Whelen"-ish for use on white tails to get familiar with the rifle. Some other folks spoke positively about them on the Big Bore forum. I have IMR 4350, H4831, H450, and Reloder 15 to play with.

Again ... Thanks for reminding me of Midway!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently got the brass from Midway and the bullets from Grafs ... can't remember if Midway was out of stock on the bullets or if I just forgot.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote