Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't get new Tikka T3-.223 to group
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A nice thing about buying a Tikka rifle is that they guanantee minute of angle accuracy, or better. I liked the one and only one I shot, and it was accurate. One good specimine at least. I personally wouldn't fiddle with loads and stuff, but rather exchage it for one that shoots well right out of the box, as they guarantee. If quality is not what you expected, and they will make it to your likeing for free, it seems to me you're likely to come out ahead of the game, except for the time lost. I like to accurize and develop loads, but I'd rather start with an accurate rifle, since it costs no more to insist on 1 moa. just my opinion of course.

Posts: 9 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armed_in_utah:
My factory T3 rings are soon gone...have a set of med/matte Milletts on their way...these are steel w/steel screws...with rear windage adj..

I have a T3 lite in 22-250 and I reduced the size of my groups when I got rid of the extruded aluminum rings that come with the rifle. These are not the high dollar opti-locks that Sako/Tikka sell. The size of my groups gradually came down from when it was new and there was a noticable reduction when the steel Millet rings went on.

On all the T3s I have ever handled you can pull a dollar bill along the barrel almost all the way to the receiver. They should be free floaded from the factory.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote