THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Bought a Redding Series "A" .22 Hornet Neck Die...Have Questions

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a Redding Series "A" .22 Hornet Neck Die...Have Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've reloaded for about 5 years. I've only used the Lee neck sizing die which doesn't require case lube. The Redding die recommends lubing the case. Do I lube the outside neck, inside neck or both? Also, how do you set the expander part for optimal neck tension? Thanks

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just lube the neck with mine(outside). Just set the expander ball long enough to kick out the old primer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. Smiler

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the expander ball seems to drag going through the neck just buy some graphite powder from an engineers supply store and use a cotton bud to LIGHTLY wipe a small amount inside the neck.

Posts: 197 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have these die and use the graphite powder only on the inside of the neck and wipe off the outside before running thru the NS. Could be wrong, what say you?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote