THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Does anybody have loading info on the 303 with 215 grain bullets

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anybody have loading info on the 303 with 215 grain bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Hi,

Does anybody have loading info on the 303 brit with 215 grain bullets especially rhino bullets. I would like to know at what speed I'll be looking at as Kobus of rhino has given me a starting load but with no speed. (34 grains of S335 South African powder medium burning) And I would like to know when I would be looking at a maximum load.

I'll be using a lee enfield mk iv no. 1 with a 25" barrel and the actions are not that strong to seriously load. And I would like to avoid any signs of pressure.

Safari-Hunt

www.Safari-Hunt.com

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Max loads from Hogdons #24 for the 215 in 303British.
H4831 45grains 2001fps
H4350 43grains 2090fps
H414 43grains 2114fps
H335 39grains 2040fps

Test bbl 24", LR primer

If you are loading an SMLE, I'd suggest neck sizing, or partial full length sizing, to give longer case life.

[This message has been edited by John Y Cannuck (edited 05-24-2002).]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Thanx,

I always do full length sizing anyway. It is just that I haven't used the 215 grainers before.

Safari-Hunt

www.Safari-Hunt.com

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote