New
Find
Notify
Tools

338 Winmag / Woodleigh Bullets.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of you guys have any experience with the 250 gr Woodleighs in 338 Winnie ?
Got hold of 200 pc on internet for half the price, but not shure if it is the PP or Round Nose type ( have not seen them yet ).

Intend to use them on big nordic moose and Zebra / waterbuck/ kudu in RSA next year.

Posted this on the Australian Forum as well, but no response so far( Guessed those Auzzies shoot a lot of Woodleighs Smiler)

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arild, I'm trusting this year's elk hunt to the 225gr Woodleigh (PP) out of my .338 win. I have yet to kill a critter with them, but accuracy is stellar. All reports I have read of the Woodleigh Weldcore are similar - accurate, holds together, expands extremely reliably (even at lower velocities), and penetrates adequately. I say adequately, bc I have not read a ton of reports of this bullet punching through-and-through heavy game. I think it's greatest attribute is the reliable and significant expansion.

FWIW, guys seem to love the 300gr Woodleigh out of the .338 for the big stuff. I just saw the 225 as a nice compromise. Although, I'd love to get my grimey hands on some 250s that are half off... Any left?

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote