THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    30, 32, and 35 Remington -- Ar e they based on the same case?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30, 32, and 35 Remington -- Ar e they based on the same case?
 Login/Join

<GAHUNTER>
posted
I've either already got one of each, or got one on the way. I will soon be setting up to reload all three.

Will the same shell holders, both trim and for the press, work for all three? Also, where is the best place to get loading info for obsolete rounds like the 30 and 32 Remington. Mainly I'm interested in case measurments and trim-to lengths. I understand that recipes for the 30-30 and 32 Winchester work quite nicely in the corresponding Remington rounds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try going over to the Bearthooth site,alot of lead bullet shooters there and they like the old timers

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GAHunter - the 25, 30 and 32 Remingtons are all from the same case, a rimless version of the 30-30; so load data for the 25-35, 30-30 and 32 Win Special (NOT 32/40) respectively, will work. Lyman's Cast Bullet Manual, 3rd edition also still lists data and dimensions for these cartridges. RCBS, Redding and other makers still produce dies and shellholders; they just cost a little more than they used too. None of these cartridges is that popular anymore, so brass can be hard to find and you may find yourself necking cases up or down to get enough for your needs. Hopefully you won't have to put 30-30 brass in a lathe to turn down the rim and cut an extractor groove; but it is an option for a last resort. The Buffalo Arms link below can get you started on your search for brass.

The 35 Remington has unique case dimensions, but as the most popular of these cartridges brass is still fairly easy to get and load data for it is in most manuals.

30 Rem. brass
Buffalo Arms

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
GAHUNTER just saw your post I have been in a search for some of the old Remington rounds myself. I got 30 Rem brass(R-P) and Hornady dies from Graf and sons www.grafs.com They have the best prices on brass I found anywhere on the net and the only place I found where the dies were not backordered until about 2007. As far as I can tell the only brass still being made is 30 and 35.
As someone else said the 35 is a different size from the other rounds but the 30 can be used to make 25 or 32. Just run the 30 brass into the die you are using either 25 or 32. The 25 needs to be trimmed back before loading but the 32 should be ready to use. What rifle are you shooting? I have a Model 8 in 25. Good luck, Joe