New
Find
Notify
Tools

257 Roberts, 357 Magnum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I loaded up a batch of 257 tonight, using R. Novi's go-to load of 44 gr. H4350, using
Speer 120 gr. spitzers, Sierra 117 gr. , Hornady 117 SST, which I have had no luck with so far, Combined Technology 115 gr., which has also been somewhat disappointing. Now to wait for the weather to warm up so I can get some range time.

I also loaded up all of the brands of 100 gr. bullets I have, powered by Layne Simpson's recommended "antelope load" of 46 gr. H4831 SC.
46.5gr, of the H4831SC powers my 117-120 gr. bullets just fine with no pressure signs, as does 48.5gr., so that's where I will go next, if necessary.

While I was at it this winter, Somehow, I ended up with a blue million 357 loads, using cast bullets, jacketed bullets and Swaged lead bullets, not to mention some of the Berry's copper plated ones, powered by Universal, Unique, and 2400, in .38 Spl. and .357 Maggie brass. NOW, I gotta shoot 'em all up! Eeker HOW do I get meself into this sort of situation?

BUT, I have now settled on ~ 6gr. Unique for general and plinking duty, 12-13.5 gr 2400 for the rest, and ~5.2 gr Universal for plinking and teaching the grandmoppets how to shoot. (I gotta get rid of it somehow!) lol

Posts: 117 | Location: Utah | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
"A million?" Come on,If I told you once I told you a hundred billion times, "Don't exagerate."

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
blue million

Is that anywhere close to a bazillion? Big Grin

Mike / Tx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C.C.:
I loaded up a batch of 257 tonight, using R. Novi's go-to load of 44 gr. H4350, using
Speer 120 gr. spitzers, Sierra 117 gr. , Hornady 117 SST, which I have had no luck with so far, Combined Technology 115 gr., which has also been somewhat disappointing. Now to wait for the weather to warm up so I can get some range time.

I also loaded up all of the brands of 100 gr. bullets I have, powered by Layne Simpson's recommended "antelope load" of 46 gr. H4831 SC.
46.5gr, of the H4831SC powers my 117-120 gr. bullets just fine with no pressure signs, as does 48.5gr., so that's where I will go next, if necessary.

You seem to pick and choose other people's loads rather than work up your own?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Surko:
"A million?" Come on,If I told you once I told you a hundred billion times, "Don't exagerate."

I, SIR? EXAGGERATE? rotflmo Surely, you Jest!

As far as anyone else's loads; they were right in the range of whatever I have been experimenting with, and I do believe in giving credit (journalism background)to those whose ideas work as well or better than mine.

But, I wager there is not much new in reloading. Somebody has done it before! thumb

Posts: 117 | Location: Utah | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With Quote