New
Find
Notify
Tools

leupold scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got a new vx-3 4.5-14x40 and looked to see if the made in the usa was there on the turrent and it wasn't. What gives with this, are they no longer made in the states?

Posts: 28 | Location: Canfield Ohio | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
If it was made in China it would have to have a "Made in China" sticker on it. I didn’t look over all my Leupolds but I don’t see a “Made in the USA” on them but they are.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
There was a lawsuit, in California I believe, in which a company was sued because their product said made in USA when in fact some of the parts were from abroad and assembled in the USA. Though Leupold scopes are assembled in the USA, some of the parts come from other places so, to avoid a similar lawsuit, they quit putting made in USA on their scopes.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are being counterfeited from China. Check the website

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
This should more properly be in the Optics forum, but since there is more visibility here how about me leaving it here for a few days and then moving it to optics around Friday.

As rcamuglia mentions, here is what is on the Leupold website:

http://www.leupold.com/corpora...counterfeit-warning/

Counterfeit Leupold Riflescope Warning

Leupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regards to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These products bear many of the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes and more recently, counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm’s Beaverton, Oregon, headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes:

In general, most of the scopes appear to originate from Hong Kong (People’s Republic of China), and have “Leupold Mark 4” laser engraved on the bottom of the turret in a silver etch, while the black ring on the objective is etched in white and does not include the name “Leupold”. The scopes also do not bear the Leupold medallion, a mark all Leupold scopes will always possess. An authentic Mark 4 riflescope will always be engraved black on black and have the name “Leupold” engraved on the black ring.
Identifying Marks:

* Adjustments
* Objective
* Bottom of Turret

Counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes:

The absence of a serial number and barcode on the bottom of the scope is the easiest way to identify these counterfeits. A brass ring may be visible when looking into the objective and screws can be seen on the top of the finger click adjustments under the caps. The product name is not engraved on the black ring.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok but this was a CDS scope so I called in with my serial # to get my extra dials and they didn't say anything. I have my 2 extra dials now also. Its a shame that you can't print made in the usa on your stuff because of the commy's.

Posts: 28 | Location: Canfield Ohio | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote