Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading 7.62 NATO Service Ammunition
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if anyone had some information on loading the 7.62 NATO service Rifle. I am searching the info for a good friend that is more into the military rifles and he agrees that there is a difference between it and the .308 and shoots his regularly, but wants to load it more to Match standards with correct loading data. .308 data is readily available, but 7.62 NATO is a little more difficult to find. He has N.M. Brass and .168 gr bullets to load.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from any of you
mike

NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Posts: 10 | Location: western pa | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mikey

The Hornady reloading manual Vol 1 shows loads for both the 308W and the 7.62 x 51 service rifle. Ditto the 30-06 and the Garand. I'm not sure if other manuals have similar sections but i know that some have load data specifically for long-range also.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He has N.M. Brass and .168 gr bullets to load.

US M882 ammo is loaded with 42.0 gr. of IMR-4895 and 168 gr. Sierra MK.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swedish 7,62 ie Nato round i loaded with a 147 grains hardcore bullet with 43,5 grains of Norma factory powder, with regards to charge weight it´s close to Norma 202.

Best regards chris.

quote:
Originally posted by mikey8:
I was wondering if anyone had some information on loading the 7.62 NATO service Rifle. I am searching the info for a good friend that is more into the military rifles and he agrees that there is a difference between it and the .308 and shoots his regularly, but wants to load it more to Match standards with correct loading data. .308 data is readily available, but 7.62 NATO is a little more difficult to find. He has N.M. Brass and .168 gr bullets to load.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from any of you
mike