Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 9.3x74R brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted
A few months ago I picked up 73 pieces of Winchester brass, listed as new, primed, seconds, in 9.3x74R. It is probably from their European Division.
The brass came in looking good for the most part. Several had small neck foldovers. I ran all the brass through my dies just enough to straighten any neck problems. Most came out looking fine; 6 or 7 ended up with missing areas at the necks. All fit fine in my VC Sagittaire O/U double.
Anyone else using Winchester brass in their 9.3x74R? I haven't weighed any yet so can't compare them to the DWM, Norma, or Hornady I have been using. Any comments on this brand of brass in 9.3x74R?

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
The Winchester 9,3x74R cases are (were ?) made by Norma. In 2001, I watched their production line during a factory tour in Amotfors (Sweden) .

BTW, at the same period they were also producing the full line of Weatherby ammo.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your information.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote