New
Find
Notify
Tools

dwm 30-06 brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought 500 new DWM cases, in 30-06, for $20 at a local gun show!

Has anyone used this brass in '06?

Appears to be a high quality brass.

I am guessing Germany made.
shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sure, Deutsch Waffen und Munitions; the best. And the best part is that you stole it.

Posts: 17295 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$.04 each!! Gasp-

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He had it on his table for $15 for a hundred.

I asked him what he wanted for all of it, 500,and he said he was tired of packing it around and he said he would take $20 for all of it since the show was almost over.

It did not take long to get that twenty dollar bill out of my pocket!!

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beware that some EUROPEAN brass...Hirtenberger for example has a smaller than standard flash hole and will bend your decapping rod.

Go on...ask me, now, how I know! Yes! You've guessed right! That cheap HP stamped brass turned out expensive.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
Beware that some EUROPEAN brass...Hirtenberger for example has a smaller than standard flash hole and will bend your decapping rod.

Go on...ask me, now, how I know! Yes! You've guessed right! That cheap HP stamped brass turned out expensive.

The Lyman "flash hole uniformer" which was designed to clean up (put a slight bevel) on the ragged edge of the primer hole will also drill out the primer hole to the standard size in one easy step. I don't believe that will be an issue with this brass. Use a small drill bit to measure the primer flash holes against some American made brass.
That is VERY good brass and as already mentioned you stole it !

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or swap out the large primer pin and put in the small primer pin. I replaced the decapping rod several years back that was bent when I tried to deprime a Berdan case. The replacement may have cost $5, but I think I got change.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll give you $40 for it, and pay shipping to me!

Double your money!

It is very good brass, very consistent. I bought 60 pieces back about 1971 when I bought my 270Win. I have about 28 pieces left. None have been lost to case fatigue, instead, I've lost them in the grass after shooting at game.

Have you had a chance to think about my offer?

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not want to be accused of taking advantage of you.

I will just keep it clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, but load about a grain or two less than most book max or what you load in WW brass..I load the same as I would Rem. brass and that's worked for me for years..a grain less than Rem usually works.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote