New
Find
Notify
Tools

rcbs 458 lott dies
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i respect rcbs they make a great product but this is the third time i have bought dies from them and they have royaly srewed something up usually one of the plungers.

i deprim and size......no problems

i flare no problems..........

i set last die to barly crimp.....and lo and behold the same seater plug is like a 1/4" way to long dammit wich means i have to seat and crimp in two separte opertations.i never had to with my hornady dies..

needless to say im sticking with hornday from now one when it comes to farctory round i have never bought a set of duds from them.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rcbs 458 lot dies for sale 25$ + s&h to any one who wants em.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
If your still thinking about switching, get a set of Redding.

I have a set of Hornady 458 Lott dies that I had nothing but problems with. However I have a buddy, who like you has had not problems with his Hornady Lott dies. So who knows...

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
700 nitro, I think it may be the luck of the draw. I initially bought a set of Hornady .458 Lott dies and I just couldn't get a round loaded properly with them. Bought a set of RCBS and have not had one problem. Go figure ?

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote