New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchrest Range Box
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need your help on finding a suitable (not to expensive) range box to store my reloading equipment.I shoot benchrest competition and am looking for a box big enough for dies,arbor presses,powder measures,bottles,measuring tools,etc.
I have found such a box,but it runs around $400.Was hoping to find something a bit less in cost that would still function.Have looked at Sears,Home Depot,with no luck.I have seen a 3-drawer "Hobart"(???) tool box that looks pretty good,but can't locate.Can anyone help me?
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Jim, I used rebbermaid totes for a while.
Picked up two large tackle boxes from a fishin place.
The ones they use for musky baits.
Thats what Im using.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Kennedy machinists box and it is great. A lot less money than the Gershner that you may be talking about for 400 bucks. There are a number of different sizes with varying numbers of draws and are lockable and rugged. I am using a rather large one right now but intend to whittle down some of my stuff this spring and use a smaller one. If I can find their web address I will post it. I do not really know much about a computer but I went to
www.kennedytoolbox.com and it led to ebay and a bunch of different size boxes that are very reasonably priced. Good luck.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I found a plastic Stanley box with 2 stacked sections, and it works great. It has wheels and a handle that pulls up. Kinda like carry-on luggage, but much more room. It has enough room for my front rest and sand bags, ammo, cleaning equipment, target book, ear muffs, staple gun, and various range tools. I love it. I think I found it at Target for around $29.00.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote