New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading man
 Login/Join

<gate>
posted
one stupid ?? do you go by what the man says about min and max powder to use?? the mid way says to stay above 21.5 and the win does not say what the min powder to use is..the powder is win 296 reloading a 44 mag..thanks gate

<PaulS>
posted
Gate,
consult several manuals - I use the bullet makers data as long as it isn't higher than the rest by more than a little. Work your load up in small increments until you find an accurate load or pressure signs.

(by the way WW296 and H110 are the same powder with interchangable data according to Phil Hodgdon)

PaulS

posted Hide Post
Gate;
noticed your dilemma and thought I could give you a little bit all my expertise. I assume that you're loading 240 grain bullets into your 44 mag. I have used Powder in my hand gun which is a Smith with as 6 in. barrel. The load I use is 24 grains and that pushes my jacketed 240 at 1395. 296 is a good old powder and just to show how good it is I use it in my 357 Desert Eagle. It really pushes that 158 grain bullet out but also as the velocity to work the heavy action of the Desert Eagle.

The load I gave you come from Ken Waters. I have found through years that between him and Lyman you cannot go far wrong.

Hope I was of some help. Heard a good quote the other day which supposedly came from Charlton Heston dedicated to what Rosie O'Donnell. It said that guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Hope I was of some help.

grijim

Posts: 21 | Location: Prince Rupert ,B.C. | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With Quote