New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chilled Lead Shot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I purchased a bag (cloth) of old Chilled Lead Shot and am not sure of what I really have. The bag has a picture of a Dutch Boy with paint brush in hand setting on a board next to a can of paint. The bag has LAWRENCE Brand American Standard CHILLED LEAD SHOT 25 LBS NO 7 1/2 National Lead Company St. Louis, Mo. The pellets are approximately 1/2 to 5/8 inch round with concave ends almost like musket balls would be. They are NOT lead or if they are, they are hard as steel as I cannot scratch them with my pocket knife. Anyway, they are certainly on heck of alot larger than any 7 1/2 shot I've seen. Any help identifying what I've got would be appreciated. I got this bag out of an Antigue Shop for what it's worth. [Confused] Thanks, Mike

Posts: 918 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can't scratch it with a knife, then it isn't lead. Sounds like someone re-used the bag to hold something else besides lead shot.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
You purchased a "pig in a poke"...

The bag is legit, but the contents are not...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote