New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Dies for .223
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good morning. I just purchased a Tikka in .223 and I am now in the market for a set of dies. I am considering the RCBS Competition Die set, however, would appreciate any comments before doing so. I have been using standard RCBS dies in other calibers and have been very happy with them.

Posts: 41 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
For my .223 Tikka, I went with Redding dies + a MOE gauge. My Tikka will pull .230 five shot group with these dies.

[ 01-24-2003, 22:48: Message edited by: CK ]

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
RCBS works well, if you want to spend more money than you could use Wilson dies. What may be more important is the brass and if you are looking for good accuracy than try Lapua Brass.

<reload>
posted
RCBS works well, if you want to spend more money than you could use Wilson dies. What may be more important is the brass and if you are looking for good accuracy than try Lapua Brass.Good Luck

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
My current favorites are a Redding Body die and a Lee collet die, with a matching set of Redding competition shell holders. Near perfect control with those tools. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Dutch on this one. When possible I really like to use the Lee collet neck die. The Forrester Benchrest seating dies are tough to beat as well. Finally the competition shellholders are very nice to control the amount of shoulder bump that you impart on the case.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote