THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Lee Die Users -- Tried the new "Easy X" expander?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Die Users -- Tried the new "Easy X" expander?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
I see Lee will sell you just the expander for $3.00 plus $2.00 shipping. Have any of you tried it yet?

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
Yes, It's simply their "long" type expander (common to their rifle dies) that is now turned to a tapered configuration with the upper most section at the proper diameter.

Makes a good tapered expander for necking up cases because the angle is not so abrupt as other die brands.

I think it's standard on all their (Bottleneck) rifle dies now.

Regards

[ 06-19-2002, 06:55: Message edited by: Headstamp ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Might be the ticket for 9.3x62 dies. I wonder why they used this long expander section? Lee hardly does anything without a reason. "Reason" means "cheaper", also.

Hermann

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote