New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 win 110gr bullet info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to the range tomorrow to work up some loads for the 110gr TSX in 270 Win.

Anyone here have experience loading 110gr bullets in the 270 Win. Specifically, is there one or two powders that shine with the lighter bullets.

I have a lot of experience with 130 & 140gr bullets with IMR 4350, IMR 4831, H4831, and Rel 22.

Would you want to go to a slightly faster powder for the lighter bullets?

Any info appreciated. I have a bunch of reloading manuals, just looking for actual experience.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't bet on any of the powders you listed as being bad or good. There are so many pet loads listed for both 4350, the 4831's or RE22 that it would make ones head spin. Let us know how they turned out.
I have not had the stellar success getting the tsx to shoot really really great like alot of people have listed. Also, in almost all cases for me the tsx has been shooting faster with the same powder charge than other bullet brands of the same weight so watch your load develpement.....I do not believe the rings are magic pressure reducers.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had good groups with AA3100 110gr bullet and IMR 4350 with the 90gr bullet. It took a while to find what my rifle liked. Be prepared to take a ton of rounds with you. When I was developing my pet loads I loaded 5 rounds with a .5 grain difference til I found a load to develop.

Ex. stared with 5 rounds of x gr, 5 more with x.5 gr, so on and so forth.

Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm.

Posts: 40 | Location: SE TN USA | Registered: 04 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, I didn't make to the range yesterday but plan on going in the AM.

I take all my reloading equipment to the range and just work up loads right there. It sure saves a lot time and uneccesary running back and forth from home to the range. Very easy o witch primers, powders, bullets on the spot.

I am planning on starting with IMR 4350 and the 110gr TSX for an antelope load. I also am going to try some Sierra 110gr Pro Hunters. But will take the full complement of 277 caliber bullets and 270 Win powders.

I'll let you know how I turn out. It's supposed to be in the 70's. A far cry from the upper 90's and 100's we have been seeing. So I should be able to get a lot of range work done.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote