Find
Notify
Tools

Your Accurizing Tips for the Ruger Mark II
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Don't own any ultralight rifles of any make. Only standard "sporting" and heavy "varmint".

My feelings are, once you chop a barrel to around 16" or 18", and hack off 1/8th of the wood (or more) you aren't really looking for a nail-driving 300-yard+ gun. You are looking for something that will put a bullet into a 10" kill zone at less than 100 yards.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ricciaridelli, Yea, I figured you might not mess with the lightweights. Mine is OK for deer hunting but it just doesn't produce groups but I didn't buy it for a target rifle anyway.
They are really nice to carry around, though. Thanks, Lewis

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone refer me to the thread about home polishing a 77 MkII trigger? Thanks.

Posts: 69 | Location: Canada | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hiredgun,
I've not personally worked on a Ruger 77 trigger, but here's a link one of the guys sent me from my same thread as this one, but on the "Gunsmithing" forum. Smiler
http://centerfirecentral.com/77trigger.html
Gary T.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
<cobra44>
posted
The trigger can be smothed up by polishing ite sears and changing the shape just a tad to improve the release. there is a complete instruction fot this on line, and I had a real bad set of rings supplied by ruger and I cured that problem by lapping the rings to a 75% -80% contact which eliminates scope distortion caused by stress on the tube, after these things were done the Mark II m77 Varmiter using Hornady 55GR SP Custom ammo put 5 shots ina dime at 100 Yds. using a Burris Full field II scope 6.5 X 20 X 50 setting on Harris Bipod. If you are not comfortable doing the trigger job then have it done, My trigger was adjusted ti 1 1/2 Lb. pull, which is where I like a varmiter to be set.