New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just bought 400 rds of remington brass on E bay. What do you guys think of remington brass? Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use it in my .223 with great results. I also use Lake City and WW. I don't mix them. The Remington and the WW seem to pretty much shoot the smallest groups for me.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm a bit concerned that someone might hurt your feelings since you have already obtained 400 pieces.

I myself do not like it very much. I prefer WW.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can't hurt my feelings, I've been divorced TWICE!. I just bought it because it seemed like a deal. I gave fifty some bucks for 400. I am gonna try it if it doesn't work well enoughto hunt with I can always shoot rocks with it. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chain:
You can't hurt my feelings, I've been divorced TWICE!.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Now thats funny

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everybody has a favorite for some reason or another. I have always used Remington brass and get .230 and .360 groups in different rifles. You did better than me. I just bought 500 for $94.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the guy you want to get you brass from. I've been dealing with John for awhile now. Very fair prices.

The Brassman

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Remington is my brass of choice.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only time I do not use Remington Brass is when it's a caliber Remington does not make brass for. And then it is WW.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Remington brass for my 257 AI and my dads 30-338. I have nothing bad to report at all.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hate remington brass.. i have lost several lots of 257 because of neck problems..i thave had split neck problems in my 280's , the 7x57 brass fails early & often.. i only use 35 whelen & 280 because winchester does not make 35whelen & winchester 280 is nickle.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of my shooting, which runs to over 5000 rifle rounds per year (almost all with cast bullets) is done with Remington or Winchester brass. Norma makes my .416 Rigby brass, which is my only departure from Remchester.

Each make seems to go through occasional problem periods or lots. For instance, I have about 300 Winchester cases in .338 Magnum, and this batch is plagued with early neck or shoulder cracking. Right now, my Remington brass in about a dozen calibers seems to be doing fine, but who knows what the next lot brings with it?

Both are decent brands, and don't lose any sleep over it.

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys I am going to see how it goes. I have been reloading whatever I had. It was quite a mixture. For the price I thought Go for it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with Rem brass. I've 30-06 cases that I've loaded for so long that I'm on a first name basis with them.

Posts: 367 | Location: WV | Registered: 06 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
theres nothin wrong with remington brass,i find the only differance between remington an ww is ww seems to not stretch as much.

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
chain: What caliber? I have had lots of problems with Win. 22-250 and case head separation after 3-4 loadings. I've been told Rem. is better choice for this caliber.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've found remington brass to be more consistent than WW brass, in primer pocket depth and diameter and in rim thickness. Only a couple lots of each for the sample size, though. A box of 50 or 100 in each caliber lasts me years. My experience is with 243 and 30-06 for both and REM in 260.

one of us
posted Hide Post
chain: Remington may not be the best, but I use them exclusively for all my reloading needs. Some of my rounds I have reloaded up to 14 times and still going great.

Cheers!

Danny Boy

Posts: 157 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The brass I bought was .300 win mag. I haven't seen it yet. I am still in New Mexico I won't be home till the weekend

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's all I use also. The exception are my Weatherbys. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote