New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 load help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm reloading 6.5x55 Swedish to shoot out of a Winchester M70. I need load data on the Nosler 100gr Partition as the Nosler manual doesn't give VV N160 load data. I have 15 pounds of VV N160 and would like to use that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 44 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 24 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some N160 loads

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perfect! Thank you!

Posts: 44 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 24 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
Beaten to the punch, but also look at their data for 6.5x55 Skan pressures, they are meant for modern rifles like your Model 70.

Looking at Quickload you will run out of room in the case before you hit any significant pressures with that powder.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I checked my old records - My Mod 70 used 50 gr VV N160 with Nosler 125 gr partition & gave me 2950 fps with 1" accuracy for 3 shots.

I never tried the 100 gr, but my guess would be that you could get a couple of grain into the case and still seat the bullet properly. Load data says 3169 fps.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote