THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Need data on .30 cal Swift A-Frame, Scirocco, and Hornady Interbond

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need data on .30 cal Swift A-Frame, Scirocco, and Hornady Interbond
 Login/Join

posted
The latest issue of NRA's "American Rifleman" (August 2003) has ads for a couple of different bullets: Swift A-Frame, Swift Scirocco, and Hornady Interbond. I'm interested in testing these bullets using my Savage FP10 in .308 Winchester, but I need to find out:

A) What factory ammo might have these already loaded for me to buy.

B) How well these bullets actually perform.

C) Any reloading info on these particular bullets.

I'd appreciate any information.

Many thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: Venice, FL | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Mr_Magoo>
posted
Welcome to the forum. The folks here are helpful and respect each other. Big difference from the other forum where you were linked from.

As to the question you asked, can't help you there. In 30 cal I have loaded a few Hornady Interlock in 30-06 for my brother. He got fast kills on 2 whitetails last year using them. I am developing some test loads in 30-06 with remmington
core-Lokt in 150 and 165 grain, because I can get those in bulk.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's JJHACK's report on the use of a .30-06 with the 165gr .30 caliber Hornady Interbond in Africa.

http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007897

I believe Hornady offers loaded ammo with the 165 gr Interbond in .30-06 and .308 Win.

-Bob F.

[ 08-08-2003, 20:23: Message edited by: BFaucett ]

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grey:
The latest issue of NRA's "American Rifleman" (August 2003) has ads for a couple of different bullets: Swift A-Frame, Swift Scirocco, and Hornady Interbond. I'm interested in testing these bullets using my Savage FP10 in .308 Winchester, but I need to find out:

A) What factory ammo might have these already loaded for me to buy.

B) How well these bullets actually perform.

C) Any reloading info on these particular bullets.

I'd appreciate any information.

Many thanks.

Sir, I have found seating the Scirocco off the lands,(.030), seemed to help out on the accuracy end. Needs a little jump, I guess, like a Barnes. ..sakofan..

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grey, take a look at my post here about the testing I've been doing on the Hornady interlock.

http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=009123

These were loaded in my 300 WSM Browning, but the test to simulate 300 yd impacts would be close to .308 win. muzzle velocity.

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The loaded ammo will not be out till probably after the season is over with. They can not keep up with the demand on the bullets alone. P.S. do not try and load the Scirocco and the Interbond the same. The Scirocco has a little longer bearing surface and will cause more pressure. [Frown]

[ 08-10-2003, 05:11: Message edited by: 4bambam ]