New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portable Reloading Stand?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with the Frankford Arsenal Reloading Stand?

I would like to know if it is sturdy enough when full length re-sizing? Any other comments pro or con would also be helpful. Is there a better stand that I should consider?

Thanks!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I considered the FA stand, but decided it did not offer enough surface area. I ended up buying a Black & Decker Workmate, a piece of 2 x 3 foot 3/4 inch plywood and 4 C clamps. I mounted my press and powder dispenser on the plywood and clamped it to the Workmate. When I finish reloading, I remove the plywood, fold up the Workmate and store them in a closet. Total cost around $55.00.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded many thousands of rounds on my Midway portable reloading stand. I have loaded as small as 9 mm. Luger, and up to 416 Rigby with no problems. Very handy and convienant.

Posts: 388 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a very stable portable shooting bench. I just C-clamp a 3/4 in piece of plywood to it that has my Rockchucker attached and I'm in business.

So you wind up with a Dual purpose bench for about $35. Mine has a little heavier top made of 1 inch plus subflooring ply. Oh and you can load while you're in the field doing PD's.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a while when I couldn't decide where to mount my press I put it on a 2x6 and clamped it into a small Black and Decker workmate tool box.
The whole thing was portable, I could load where I wanted. There was storage space in the tool box. The board had to be clamped tight on the workmate, but I was able to do full length sizing on numberous calibers without the use of C clamps. I've since built a reloading bench and have my press mounted on it, but I'd go back to the other system if I had to load anywhere but home.
If you do go with the Franklin stand, let us know how it works out for you.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Here's a bench I made to use while in the Air Force. It's attached to the runner of a 6 drawer dresser.

3 pieces of particle board and 2 legs.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have enough flex you have to hold on to the press when the round comes out of the die. I have reformed 222brass and mostly did 06 cases. They work, I got mine to take to the range. I just mounted my press perminate and bought a small press to take to the range. That one will go in a plywood box.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
FrownerI have pissersone and have used it. What turns me off is draft or breeze on the scale unless I'm inclosed in a van or RV. boohooroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote