New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deals on blems at Nosler's proshop
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You might want to take a look at some of the good deals on blem bullets at Nosler's website for selling blem bullets. (No one I know seems to be able to tell these from brand new in most cases). Anyhow they've got some of the 30 cal match bullets on sale for about $11/100. They've got 180 pp partitions for $9.95/50, they've got some of the solid base 30 cal's on sale for about $8/50. I also ordered some of their 300 win mag cases--more expensive than rem or win but thought I'd check them out as long as I had an order coming. Heck, with prices like that these bullets almost become "plinking" ammo instead of high cost premium. Here's the site.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/2ndsheader.html

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plinking. Thats whay I just purchased some 375cal Accubonds. Northforks are way more expensive.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I've been using some .338/210gr 2nds & can't tell any diff. in the accuracy of 1sts. At half the cost, they make a great practice bullet for sighters, etc.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nosler 2nds are the only Noslers I use. Never found a Wildebeest or Kudu that could tell the difference.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Great Deals. I just ordered 4 bags of .375 Accubonds for my 375JDJ and 4 bags of 95 grn Ballistic Tips for my .243 Encore.
Now to wait and prep brass.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old when you quit playing.

Posts: 311 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
375 accubonds are the real deal. I used them in Namibia and had great accuracy, super combination of expansion and penetration (one Texas heart shot follow up on a gemsbok easily penetrated 4 feet and still retained 70% plus). Great deal on blems, which is what I used. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeppers!!! One more testimonial for Nosler Blems. I used them in the RSA for Kudu, Wildebeest, Zebra, and Blesbok, 220 Grain Partitions, and all one shot kills. Works good and the price is really right!
LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I received my 375 Accubond seconds today. You can kinda see why some of em are blems. Besides the length being fairly non uniform, you can see slight creases and voids at the poly tip/ jacket junction. I guess with creases and thin copper near the tip, the bullets "might" not expand perfectly. Whatever. Not worried about it.

I measured all 100 of em, and got variances from 1.394" to 1.385, with the average around 1.390. I seperated them by 1.389 or less, and 1.390 or more. Seems like the cannelure to base length is uniform, so I guess the variances are at the jacket/tip. Hopefully all of the ogives are in the same spot. I only seperated em so I know what I am looking at when my OAL is off + or -.

Not that I am worried about the bullet lengths for making one hole 5 shot groups, just good to know when you are seating close to the lands.

No biggie, these are for practice. Not to mention the KICKASS Nosler/CT coffee mug I got in the package!! My silly wife was tryin to jabrone it off of me before I could even use the thing!! DAMMIT no hat, wonder what happened there. WTG Kraky, you got a hat.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer:
...Hopefully all of the ogives are in the same spot. I only seperated em so I know what I am looking at when my OAL is off + or -...
Hey Gixxer, If you want to check the Ogive to Base for uniformity, there is a really simple way to do it.

Got to your Tool Box and get the largest Socket that will not slip past the Ogive. Then measure across the Socket to the Bullet Base with your Calipers and see how uniform they are in that "critical dimension".

OAL can be very mis-leading. Best of luck to you with those Bullets.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, that is so simple, but I NEVER wouldve thought of that!! Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Gixxer, It was something I learned on a Reloading Board 7-8 years ago, maybe longer than that. As luck would have it, I'd just ordered and received one of the Sinclair "Bullet Comparitors" to do the same thing with.

You are welcome, and just pass along the Tip when you see someone who can benefit from it.

Best of luck with those Bullets.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a 100 ct box each of the 69 and 80 grain .224" Custom Competition seconds to try out.

If they shoot well, this might be the deal of the century at $9.95 per box.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
funny I should read this thread today as just this past Saturday I was at local gunshop and he sold me 6 boxes (50 count) of .338 250 gr Speer Grand Slams for $90..that's $15/box.
I bought them as bullets to load up and just practice with as my NP Gold are to expensive to do much plinking with in my 338 WM
* I even posted a thread today about them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my order. Nothing much to say about the bullets except the 180pp's have a cannelure. All bullets look like they came out of a black and gold box. (New as can be)

BUT, I AM IMPRESSED WITH THE BRASS.... brass in 300 win mag. for $22/50. They advertise their blems "might not be wt consistant" but I did a sample check and all weighed in the 251-252 grain range. (BAsically less than a grain variance if you put the middle at 252.0. They have drilled flash holes, perfectly chamfered (and round) case mouths, and very flat smooth looking primer pockets. They are simply ready to load right out of the bag!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote