New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 -06
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
6.5-06 can anyone point me in the right direction for reloading data this cartridge.

I'm looking to load 120gn bullets

regards
griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The current Sierra manual has data, as does the Nosler. While I had my 6.5-06, I pretty much stuck to 140 grains bullets, though the 120 grain Ballistic Tips did turn in some fantastic groups both at short and long range..

AS to powders, you can do much worse than starting with Re-22.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9379 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,
thanks for that, I thought that there wouldn't be any info in the reloading manuals!!!
Sometimes you just cant find the obvious...

regards

griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Hornady has info as well -- that one slipped my mind. Good luck with the caliber. It's about as good as you can get for medium game.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9379 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you can have a look to the german 6,5x65, it`s something like a 6,5/06 improoved. I got good results on red stags with the 120 Nosler BT and N560, but now I plan to do it with the 140grs Lapua-Naturalis and R22. Than there is existing a 6,5x64 Brenneke, based on the 06-case, but it ´s quite unpopular.

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Griff,

I have shot one for some years. The A-Square Manual has load data for it, as well as the loaddata.com website.

I liked Norma MRP and IMR 4831 in mine, I got some very small groups with the IMR 4831 and 120 grain Noslers. Reloader 22 should work well too.

I make my brass by necking up WW .25-'06 brass (I don't have a .25-'06).

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 6.5-06AI LOVES RL22 and H4831sc,..I'd bet your rifle will walk the dog with either powder.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote