Find
Notify
Tools

AA4350
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted
I need some AA4350 in the worst way and fairly quickly to finish some ammo for an upcoming safari. Everyone seems to be out. Anyone know where I can find some?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both AA 4350 and H4350 are slightly slower than IMR 4350 and have shorter grains. It appears that the AA and H versions may be the same powder from the same source.

Regardless of whether they are identical, I would feel confidant that if treated as two different lots of the same powder that either would perform similarly to the other. So my advice is that if you can't obtain the AA get some H and retest your load with it to see if it performs the same.

Posts: 13246 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Both AA 4350 and H4350 are slightly slower than IMR 4350 and have shorter grains. It appears that the AA and H versions may be the same powder from the same source.

Regardless of whether they are identical, I would feel confidant that if treated as two different lots of the same powder that either would perform similarly to the other. So my advice is that if you can't obtain the AA get some H and retest your load with it to see if it performs the same.

I have been using AA-4350 for several years in a couple of rifles and H-4350 along with IMR-4350 for close to 30 years. I have found AA-4350 (or at least my 8# keg) to be fairly slower than H-4350. My particular AA-4350 appears to be somewhere in the neighborhood of IMR-4831 and a tad bit faster than RL-19. When using AA-4350 I can increase a full 2 to 2-1/2 grains from "any" H-4350 load in anyone of my rifles that I have tried it in. (4 so far)

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Roger, I meant increase the AA or reduce the H-4350.
Working off a Iphone and have a tough time with the little screen. Hard to proof read you understand.
I will correct my post.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called Accurate and they told me AA4350 was a pressure curve copy of IMR 4350.

Used to be that H4350 was a copy of IMR 4350.

I think the differences we see in max loads and velocities is just the differences you see from lot to lot.