New
Find
Notify
Tools

using clays in 20ga
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody got any recs for using clays in a 20ga?
thnaks

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Using clays IN a 20 GA?? Whatareyou talking about, please??

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hodgden's Clays powder is too fast to use in your 20 ga. You need to use something slower, along the line of Universal Clays. Go to the Hodgden website and they'll show a listing of loads for you.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey easy guys easy i was just going to try and get by with one powder and i love clays in my 12 gauge

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fog:

hey easy guys easy i was just going to try and get by with one powder and i love clays in my 12 gauge

If you're trying to get by with one powder for 12 and 20 gauges, then go to Hodgdon International Clays. It is right for 20 ga. and you can also use it in 12 ga. Hodgdon's loading data gives loads with it for both those gauges. It's similar in burning rate to Alliant Green Dot and IMR 800X ; both of those will also work well for both gauges.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote