New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help
 Login/Join

Picture of BigJon
posted
Ok so 2 weeks ago i size about 50 shells/primed and today i load a few rounds up. when i went to chamber them they wouldnt go couldnt close the bolt. So i tried to chamber a empty resized case it went prefectly. But as soon as i seated a bullet it wouldnt chamber. I have loaded 40 rounds before and still had a few around so i tried on of them and they chambered just like they should. The gun is a 338 Rum and i am using RCBS dies and equipment first load was accubond 180 the ones i cant get are 225 but think it is the bullet choich because I still had a few 180s left and tried them with no luck. I even tried resizing brand new brass and couldnt get anything to work???? sorry about grammer but i am pissed, any help out there???
Thanks

Posts: 16 | Location: Eastern PA | Registered: 30 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of BigJon
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys just went back at again, and i found that i had the seat die down to far so i was crushing the case just a little but that little bit was enough so here is my next question how do i go about pulling the bullets and can i use the bullets again and also how do i go about resizing the primed cases?
Thanks

Posts: 16 | Location: Eastern PA | Registered: 30 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCBS collet bullet puller or inertia puller your choice..
remove the decapping pin from the stem..

Third eye blinds the other two!
A bullet smith.

Posts: 61 | Location: ga | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can use the bullets again.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesPer chance: do you have a set of .375 Ultra mag dies ? If so just run them in that with the expander and stem removed. Did the same thing years ago with some buggered up .264 rounds that I put through a .338 die. If you don't have that die go buy a set, use it as suggested than next week buy the rifle to match. Easy fix nilly Right?? holycowroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to pull a bunch of bullets recently. I just watched the bullet's progress as I slapped the puller on a stool, when it looked like it was about to come out I pulled it by hand. Re-used bullets and I didn't get powder all over, I reused it too

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote