New
Find
Notify
Tools

.204 Lee crimp die
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got off the phone with Lee and was told they are only producing the factory crimp die in .204 on a custom make basis. They will be producing a two die set for reloading the .204 after the first of the year. I was instructed to send a cartridge ( empty/de-primed, of course), with a seated bullet, and 25.00 to cover the die and shipping.
Hope this isn't old info. Smoker PS grain weight is not an issue, they only are after the O.D.

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I went that route with Lee, for a 204 crimp die. It took about 4 weeks to get the die. Be sure to send them a trimmed
piece of brass with the bullet seated to correct COL.
I think some of the suppliers of reloading equip. are missing the boat on the 204 Ruger by by making it a custom order only. The brass suppliers have also been caught with their pants down. I think the 204 Ruger will grow in demand and the suppliers that have removed their blinders will be the only ones making any money.

Ted

Posts: 16 | Location: Milton, WI | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It takes lee about 3 years to gear up for a new caliber. They are just now offering a factory crimp die, and collet sizer for 300 WSM. I went the specialty route last year for a trimmer pilot for my 300 WSM. I guess they wait to see if it will catch on before they go to the trouble to produce it as a standard offering.

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd make one for the .500 S&W. Not a product that should take 2 years to get out. They are just waiting for a demand to build up. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote