Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon/IMR 8208 XBR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
IMR 8208 XBR

I saw this on the Hodgdon Reloading Data website. Brand New stuff. Looks promising

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some more info

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should be good stuff. Somebody put out the word that I was the go to guy on it and my wife said we had 600lbs ordered the first day. She doesn't know what all I sell and took the orders. 6mmbr.com originally listed me on that bulletin as the man. Paul took that off the website and I hope everybody knows not to call me for it.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting they didn't put it out under the Hodgdon label.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Interesting they didn't put it out under the Hodgdon label.

Yep, especially since ADI is the maker of their "extreem" line of powders. It seems this a "extreem" type of powder if it is as resistant to temp and humidity as they claim.
Not that I`m not happy to more choices in powders and the IMR line expanding under Hodgdons ownership.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley is accepting orders.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a fairly detailed discussion on the benchrest sites. Allegedly, this powder is going to emulate the performance of the long gone and lamented T322. A couple of folks who have had the opportunity to try some pre-release are not overly impressed. However, it is alleged to be already in use for USA sniping cartridges. I'm sure that like most BR designed products, the manufacturer will market it in such a way as to convince owners of factory rifles (who are after all the vast majority of shooters) that this innovation will make a difference in their rifles and applications, without there being a shred of truth in that...........

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
amamam,
Who told you this? I know of 4 of the top BR shooters that have used it and are very pleased with it. They have no vested interest other than like the rest of us wanting a powder that is uniform from lot to lot and not as temp and humidity sensitive as our present powder.
It used to be the best shooter wins, then the better shooters with the superior equip, and now you have to put every bit of it together to win. To give you an example the 1st 20 places at the recent NBRSA Nationals the 20th place finisher averaged .1982 groups. That was the average of 5-5shot groups in the light varmint class. Some small group records have been around for a very long time, but the average group has been shrinking for a long time. Better powder, better optics, better barrels, better receivers, and a better understanding of what it takes to win. If we have a powder that is not temp. sensitive we can throw away our temp and humidity guages, and densitity altitude guages and our charts. We can load with confidence and concentrate on our wind reading ability and our bag handling habits. Pictured below is a 200yd. group shot at the same nationals. This group is actually twice as large as the smallest 200yd group shot in registered competition.

This is a 5 shot group.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote