New
Find
Notify
Tools

best full length sizing die 7mm-08
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
is there any difference in the FL dies? I would assume they all be the same as far as features and concentricity, I mean all they have to do is size to SAAMI specs am I right or mising something?

"I will not raise taxes on those making more than 250k"

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
six of one....half a dozen of another

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Redding Type S bushing die works great for my 708 and everything else that I load. I use the Forster Comp Seater.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
which FL dies produce the best concentricity?

"I will not raise taxes on those making more than 250k"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 different FL dies (plus a Lee Loader) for the 7-08 and they all make good ammo. Soooo, pick your poison. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
most of my dies including the 7-08 are RCBS.. not saying they are the best, thats just what i have. and customer service is so easy to deal with. i do have some hornady and lee..

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad you asked about concentricity. When you order your bushing sizes correctly you will find that you do not need the expander ball on the Redding Types S bushing die. In standard dies the expander ball can cause concentricity problems when pulling the case out of the die. Another benefit of the bushing die is that it does not over squeeze the neck and you get more life from the brass.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote