New
Find
Notify
Tools

You just can't beat RCBS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My 40 plus year old Automatic Bench primer Tool thats loaded thousands maybe millions of rounds wore out the primer rod assembly for the Large size..It wore enough to be too short to reach the primer pocket, as of yesterday!!

Called RCBS, they said they would send me a large and a small and also a return spring for the lever..NO CHARGE..and if that doesn't work send it back for repair or replacement at no charge..

Told them I was attached at the hip with this one, a lifetime of birthdays, so preferred to just fix it....

Its good to deal with people like that these days, Leupold has treated me the same way..Good companies both. Guess thats why I have stayed with both for a lifetime, and that be awhile!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incidents like these is what make a Company or break it. Those with a short sigted vision of client service is the once that save today and loose tommorrow. I agree RCBS service is great!!

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. RCBS is great customer service. I also have been using them for close to 50 years. Ray it's nice to see someone take the time to tell us about GOOD experience. Dillon Precision is another who provides perfect customer service. A couple to look out for, are Bushnell and Lyman. For the most part they suck.

Jerry

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too have had great customer service from RCBs going back thirty years. That's the good part. The not-so-good part is that I have had to send far too many products back to them. Items like warped dies, out-of-alignment presses, incorrectly marked shell holders, un-vented FL sizing dies, etc. How a company can afford to make the same product twice but only sell it once confounds me. Perhaps RCBS customers are not too discerning, I don't know.

OTOH I have never had to send a Redding product back. For these reasons I seldom buy RCBS stuff any more.

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I have an RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme and a Hornady LnL Ap. I use RCBS dies in both. Never had an issue with either. When moving I lost the primer basket, RCBS sent me one without charge.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They replaced the primer tubes for the bench primer tool that i got in a trade.

They would not hold the primers when loading the tubes.
They also replaced the carbide ring in my 45acp dies that i some how broke.

Good folks in my opinion.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote