New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back order or maybe not!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
MadI tried to order some 125 grain Sierra 6.5 bullets from Midway and they said they were out and didn't know when they would order any. I decided to try Cabellas and they were also out. Then they said the only way they would order any would be if I ordered two boxes. Then later they came back and said it would be the middle of August before getting any. Where is a real good place to order Sierra bullets besides these pricks? Mad

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Try Grafs.com. Are you sure it is 125? Sierra doesn't list it on their site that I can see.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Did you mean 120 grain? Sierra doesn't show a 125gr in their on-line catalog. In fact, their on-line store shows that they are out of stock on the 120 gr. Prohunters.
http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm?section=store&page=items&cat=12

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try ordering from Midway anyway, I have found that more times than not, backordered stuff arrives sooner than they predict. And what the heck you can always add them to your stock.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Graf has the 120 grain HPBT in stock.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerYeah it was 120 grain NOT 125! Man this old age is really frustrating at times!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if nowhere else by now try lock stock & barrel

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerLike I say this old age is bad at times. I forgot about my local custom rifle shop. They had a pile of 120 grain Sierra pro-hunter. Price was the same if I had ordered them! How does the old saying go, not seeing the forest for the trees?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com. They usuall have what I need when Midway doesnt. Plus you only pay the TRUE shipping cost.

Posts: 168 | Location: Thomaston GA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerI have heard about midshooters supply and the shipping cost, will look into them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blob1:

Where is a real good place to order Sierra bullets besides these pricks?

Then later....

quote:
I forgot about my local custom rifle shop. They had a pile of 120 grain Sierra pro-hunter. Price was the same if I had ordered them!

If you're lucky enough to have a genuine local gun shop, and they have them in stock (ESPECIALLY at the same price), why would you NOT buy them there??? Confused

We no longer have any "small town" gun shops, due to Wal-Mart, Bass Pro, etc, where most of the staff is only about half as informed/educated on what they're selling as they need to be, and all of the mail order joints.

Support your local shop!!

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have heard about midshooters supply and the shipping cost, will look into them.

Wink Darn good place to do business. Not only true shipping cost but, they'll have it to you quite fast as well.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
It'a kinda nice to live 15 min. from Grafs warehouse.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cold Bore said
quote:
We no longer have any "small town" gun shops, due to Wal-Mart, Bass Pro, etc, where most of the staff is only about half as informed/educated on what they're selling as they need to be, and all of the mail order joints.

Man are you ever right, CB. One of my buddies was going by the Bass Pro superstore in Norcross last week and called to see if I wanted anything, I got him to pick me some powder, and not ONE but all THREE guys behind the counter didn't know what primers were! Pathetic. I wish the few small shops that are still around stocked a few more items-- I seem to do best mail or internet ordering my gear.

Good and Bad in both I suppose. It sure is easy to order some supplies at 2200 hours when I just got out of the shower and am sitting on my couch in my BVD's and scanning AR........

maybe that was TMI......

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A toast to Cold Bore and everyone else who supports their local shop!

beer beer beer