Find
Notify
Tools

reloading dies for a 500 linebaugh?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
HI,

I am getting a 500 from MR. Clements next month and have almost everything I need. I am looking for reloading dies that will go on my 550 dillon press.I called RCBS and they will sell me there"s for $230.00, does anyone here know where else I can get reloading dies for a 500 linebaugh that will work on my 550 dillon and I hope for a little less. Thanks,kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<GAHUNTER>
posted
Try Dave Davison at CH4D. If they don't produce one as a regular product, they will do one custom for you for considerably less than that RCBS price.

Here's the link:

http://www.ch4d.com/

[ 01-29-2003, 04:36: Message edited by: GAHUNTER ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kev,
Are you speaking of the .500 Linebaugh or the .500 Linebaugh Long? I made a "homemade" group of die stuff for a .500 Linebaugh Long and made up 200 cases for a friend who is shooting them like crazy. I put a bunch of hours in figuring out the best way of making them from the .348 Winchester, but I'd be glad to share the information with you on how to make them up, if you'd like. Should be a pretty straight forward process. If you have a lathe, you'll get away for virtually free. If not, you may run into an expense of about $15 to $20, depending on who's lathe you make friends with.
Regards,
Ed

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Thanks for the information men, I will look at the places you said. Thanks,kev

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

GAHUNTER,thanks again for the information on dies. I get them in from Dave Davision at CH4D, they sent them to me within one week and they were much less than RCBS also they are of good quality. Thanks,Kev

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the 500 Linebaugh and the 500 Maximum dies both from RCBS and CH4D. The RCBS die set is a little better in quality but it also cost twice as much. You cannot go wrong with CH4D's $80 die set and they usually stock these dies. If money is no object, then RCBS's tungsten cabide sizing die ($300)is the way to go. Good luck.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the rcbs and the ch dies and I would recomend that you pay a little more and get the rcbs dies there much better.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote