one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Which is the better of the two?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whichever shoots better in your gun. Seriously. The two are close enough, that's what it's going to come down to. If they both shoot good, buy the one that's less expensive.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen, Interbond, cheaper, more weight retention, more than likely bigger wound channel. Whats not to like? Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I am hearing and seeing about the new generation of Scirocco (Scirocco II) that is what I am going to be shooting at everything. Give it a look.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Either should be fine, depending on how each shoots in your particular rifle.

On the other hand, why would you want a bonded core bullet for deer? A conventional cup and core bullet provide ample penetration and give better upset when a broadside shot is made. Any of the bonded core bullets MAY punch through on a broadside on a small deer without the desired upset, allowing the deer to travel quite a ways leaving that "good blood trail" that seems to be the holy grail of some hunters.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 150 gr. Interbonds did just fine for me on broadside and other shots on deer this year. The two I hit broadside had perfect bullet diameter entrance wounds and exit wounds roughly 2.5" in diameter for a high behind the shoulder lung shot. I would say they expanded just fine.

Lots of blood spatter on the ground where they were hit and a huge pool of blood where they fell. One made it 30 yds or so and the other about 40 yds. A blind vegetarian could have found them with all of the blood.

I can't say about the Accubonds since I haven't tried them, but the Interbonds did great out of my 30-06.

Mark in GA

Posts: 552 | Location: Coastal Georgia | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My accubonds (280 AI, 140 grain and 300RUM 200 gr) were the bomb on whitetails! Worked just great. I have not tried Interbonds, but, all things being equal, think there is not a nickels worth of difference in the two with respect to game...they seem well made, as are the Noslers. Sciroccios, however, have NOT performed well for me on Whitetails...period. I culled a bunch of does, legally, by permit, on a local plantation with my 300 RUM/180 grain Sciroccios, and handloaded 165 grain Sciroccios. All told, I have taken at least 35 deer with the sciroccios and have yet to have one drop dead in it's tracks. Indeed, some have run like a scalded dog, leaving no blood trail. Perhaps it is too tough for deer...I saw many "icepicks" from the Swifts.

Oh well, my 2 cents worth. Have a great one.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote