Find
Notify
Tools

GS Customs out of business?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
They aren't taking orders. Have they gone out of business?

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I thought they had set up an operation in the US??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67419 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FMC : I am in Port Elizabeth and GS Customs is not far from me. I doubt they are out of business but I can drive out on Monday and take a look for you. The Owner is a member of AR, Gerard.
Regards

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 548 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was not able to go to the factory but I did manage to pass on this message . I am sure someone from GSC will reply soon.....

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The daughter and her husband came to the US some years ago and set up shop, but I heard the returned to Port Elizabeth some time ago, then Gerard came to the US, again heresay, be he too returned to Africa..Why anyone would leave Africa seems sorta strange to me but the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence...I wouldn't be surprised if importations taxes, and all the rigermorow didn't get to them, and his products required too much investment and prices for bullets couldn't compete with the home boys..Just an off hand guess..Gerard is a great guy and an old friend whom we have never met face to face but have done a lot of business together..I used to have my clients to RSA bring me back bullets form GS customs as I had gotten out of Plainsgame hunts and was concentrating on DG safaris..Sometimes Pierre would bring GS customs bullets to Tanzania for me...Great bullets btw..and he made me some 97 gr. 25-35 monolithic HP and some same for .222, great game bullets for deer and smaller antelope and our native pronghorn.

I will be saddens should he hang it up..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41973 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote