New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reduced .300 RUM loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of mine wants to work up a light load (approx .30-06 level) for his .300 RUM so his 12 yr old son can use it. He would like to use SR4759 and 150 gr and 180 gr bullets. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dwayne

Posts: 152 | Location: West Central Missouri | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He'll be using it for whitetail here in Missouri. I guess I should've mentioned that he's a big 12 yr old, about 160 lbs and 5 ft 6. He's got a couple of deer using an '06 so I don't think recoil will be a problem.

Posts: 152 | Location: West Central Missouri | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the AA-5744 suggestion, I'll pass it on to him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How low is too low? I'm wanting a reduced load for my 375 RUM and wondering how low i can go without being unsafe.

Thanks,
Clint

one of us
posted Hide Post
Handloader lists VV-N170 93.5gr and 180gr Swift was a great reduced load at 2860 velocity compared to 3200fps. Never tried it. But sure it would work out fine.

To everyone that says get a smaller gun instead of actually spitting out some helpful data, why?. The guy is a reloader and the beauty of reloading is you can be versitile. So if you can get 06 velocity's and recoil from the RUM, why get a smaller gun. Kinda confused by the comments on a reloading board.

Posts: 459 | Location: Finksburg, MD | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote