New
Find
Notify
Tools

404 Jeffery help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up a Vickers-Armstrong in 404 Jeffery and thanks to some other members of this board, slugged the barrel before shooting it. The bore slugged at .418. The normal 404 bullet is .423 and the ammo I have is loaded with those. Should this be a major problem? If so, could I load .416 bullets and do better? The .418 bullets seem to be a custom order and I would like to avoid that. Also, could I use a 416 Rigby sizing die adjusted to neck size only and 416 Rigby seater die? (I told you I need help) Confused

Mike

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, this will be a nice addition to your Coggie. I left a note in the other post about bullets. For dies, I had a very good experience having Hornady make up custom dies for me. It was a double, but I provided 2 fired cases for each side and they cut the dies from there. Reasonable price (about $180) and a 6 to 8 week turnaround. I talked to Lonnie Hummel at Hornady, (800) 338-3220 ext 208. Great guy, very helpful. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply! I knew that someone here would have the answer. See you tomorrow at Cooley.

Mike

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote